From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 09:43:03

> "Andy Little" wrote
> >
> >Did you consider a generic tree design? If so
> > why did you reject it in favour of this one?
>
> Just to refresh... The above is the most interesting and yet unanswered question
> about property tree for me. Am I missing something? Is this a silly question? Is
> it too trivial to answer?

This has actually been brought up a couple of times before if you
search in the archives. A generic tree structure has been asked for
numerous times. I realize boost::graph covers this, but it's very
cumbersome when you just want a simple hierarchical tree structure. I
think BGL doesn't allow easy (just rearrange the poiinters) splices of
branches either. You have to copy the branch out of the graph, then
delete it from the old graph.

FWIW, the implementation by Adobe at
http://opensource.adobe.com/classadobe_1_1forest.html seems to be a
pretty good one.