From: Ivan Vecerina (ivec_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 16:15:22

"Thorsten Ottosen" <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
: * What is your evaluation of the design?

I wanted to step back from the nit-picky talks about how ptree
is not as good as this other boost library for this specific use...

However, after thinking of how ptree compares to boost::serialization,
I can't take away from my mind the idea that someone should
assess the possibility to create a boost::serialization archive
that reads/writes objects to/from an in-memory ptree.
It seems feasible since boost::serialization can i/o to XML.

Similarly, we should then be able to use boost::serialization
to i/o ptree to an xml file - preferably resulting in the
exact same data as if objects had been serialized directly
to XML.

Could we get an expert/author/maintainer of boost::serialization
to assess this possiblity ?
   (I admit I barely tried boost::s11n)

This might seem cumbersome to do at this point, but the
potential for synergy (sharing a common file format
back-end, and leveraging the current s11n infrastructure
for converting objects to ptree textual data).

Am I just crazy to believe that this could be an option?
[naysayers please abstain if uninformed]

Ivan