From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 17:53:17

>> However, Serialization does not handle arbitrary (simple) XML, AFAIK.
>
> 1. Why do you care?
> What difference does it make what is the format of the permanent storage
> you are uging for your configuration. You are not going to edit this
> manualy anyway.

Why not? Hand-editing of configuration files is a common Unix tradition to
paraphrase one of the previous posters. Plus XML, I believe, is meant to be
very much hand-editable. Otherwise what would be its adavantage over any
binary format?

> 2. If you insist you could always implement your own format SimpleXML
> instead of reinventing the wheel.

I think implementing your own format looks very much like reinventing the
wheel. You could also rewrite all the world's software in asm, or implement
your own version of C++, but why would you do that if property_tree can do
what you need in several lines of code?

Best regards,
Marcin