From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-22 00:33:54

"Jorge Lodos" <lodos_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> If I understand correctly, your point is that implementing a library that:
> 1. Reads and saves hierarchical configurations from/to several different
> storages (including windows registry and XML)
> 2. Maintains an accessible memory storage for configuration data
> 3. Is able to load/save individual configuration parameters without having
> to load/save all of them
> is not a lot of work, using serialization and existing containers.

No. This is not my point. I am not talking about serialization at all. You
may have any number of archive types each require some work to implement.
They may become worthy addition to the Serialization library functionality.
As for the data structure that is used to represent this data in memory I
don't see much value in it.

You need simple and convinient solution for permanent storage of you
application data in some particular formats (config is just another type of
application data)
Write an archive for that. I am quite sure usage will be much more simple
and convinient than the one presented by this solution.

Gennadiy