From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-23 02:53:41

Tom Brinkman wrote:
> *>What value does the library have, if there are no parsers to get
>
>>a property tree from or to write it back to a file?
>>
>>*
>>I fully agree with this point. Removing the parsers from the review
>>makes the library essentially useless. They are an important part of the
>>functionality the library provides. A simple string tree is not enough
>>functionality to be relevant; if only a tree was to be submitted, I'd
>>expect it to be a fully generic tree.
>

> Please, RE-READ what I said. I want this review broken up into two parts.
> I said nothing about the value of this library being useless without the
> parsers.
>
> Thorsten, please contact me off-list about this.

Sorry, it's just too late to break the review up into two now. If I had
demanded that, I think there would have been a great chance that Marcin
wouldn't submit anything.

If you think the tree is great, but the parsers suck, then just vote no,
or (preferably) say what's wrong with them: is the interface? is it the
implementation? is it correctness? is it speed?

-Thorsten