From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-23 09:48:30

> I had now a look at the source code: If I understand correctly it is
> possible to use the read/write functions (like read_xml, read_ini,
> read_json etc.) with other containers? So there is no tight coupling?

No, it is not normally possible. read/write functions expect a recursive
container, because they need tree-like structure. I made no attempt to
generalize the library, so that read/write functions can work with general
recursive containers (btw. the whole idea of recursive container is actually
quite fuzzy). They require basic_ptree, so there definitely is tight
coupling.

Best regards,
Marcin