From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-23 10:15:33

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Marcin Kalicinski <kalita_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Domingo, Abril 23, 2006 3:48 pm
Asunto: Re: [boost] Do really property_tree and program_options
overlap?

> > I had now a look at the source code: If I understand correctly
> it is
> > possible to use the read/write functions (like read_xml,
> read_ini,
> > read_json etc.) with other containers? So there is no tight
> coupling?
> No, it is not normally possible. read/write functions expect a
> recursive
> container, because they need tree-like structure. I made no
> attempt to
> generalize the library, so that read/write functions can work with
> general
> recursive containers (btw. the whole idea of recursive container
> is actually
> quite fuzzy).

What would it take to make the generalization? IMHO some
concept of recursive container visitation/population along
with an example of how your parsers can be made to work
with data structures other than ptree would be a boon
wrt to acceptance of the lib.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo