From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-23 11:54:50

Jeff Garland wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:28:08 +0200, Thorsten Ottosen wrote
>

>>I think it would be good for SOC. All the really hard
>>things are taken care of by B.MI, and so it seems reasonable
>>for a student to be able to fill in the details.
>

> Please write a proposal :-)
>
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Google_Summer_Of_Code_2006

Well, can I just write ideas here, I do I have to be able to be a mentor?

FWIW, of the top of my head

- boost::bimap

- other datastructures that can be derived from Boost.MultiIndex

- boost::vector_set, boost::vector_map (like sorted vector, that is
super-efficient map,set for small objects)

- boost::auto_buffer, auto_ptr_buffer (like the one in STL-Soft) that
  uses the stack until a certain size and then go for the heap)

- boost::forrest (conversion/enhancement of adope library)

- SQL library with full embedded sql-syntax using expression templates

could be useful

-Thorsten