From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-24 06:06:49

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

>> I seems like you is very confused yourself about positioning of your
>> library. Here, you say "it's all 3" where 3 is "XML parser", and in
>> another thread you say:
>>
>> On the other hand, if boost gets its XML library,
>>
>> It would be pretty bad if Boost has property_tree that reads "simple" XML
>> *and* another XML library, with different interface that has full support
>> for XML. How am I to choose one or another library?
>
> Why?

Why choosing? Well, say I have a task of reading XML config files. I can use
both property_tree and some future separate XML library. I can't use both,
so I need to choose one.

If I choose property_tree, then it's possible that several years later that
specific config files will start using XML features not supported by
property_tree and I'll need to rewrite my code.

- Volodya