From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-25 17:58:17

"Fernando Cacciola" <fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
>> Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:

>>> IMO, it should go to the mentor. As is the intent of google.
>>
>> Agreed. The mentor puts some extra effort into this and the
>> money is well-deserved.
>>
> Me too.. this is what I initally said.
> I was comparing donating to letting Google keep it.
>
> Still, deciding what's the best to do is half the issue here. How to do is
> is also important, specially because of the responsability put on those
> willing to administer the payments.
> As I said, unless I got it wrong, Google will pay "Boost", not each
> individual mentor.

Given that the amounts of money are relatively small and non-recurring, I
would hope we can just pass them through Boost Consulting or some other
volunteer. But whoever does it needs to check with their accountant to make
sure such a pass-through would not be taxed.

Another alternative is to find an existing non-profit willing to do the pass
through.

--Beman