From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-26 15:44:57

Jose wrote:

>Hi Sebastian,
>
>I get this:
>
>Error: /root/vc.xml(1): xml parse error
>
>I am running latest FC4 on x86_64. what platform are you using ?

Gentoo on x86_64, so there should be no difference. Can you send me your
input file?

>I would think this is needed to query a configuration file with a normal
>amount of settings

No, it is not, actually. As long as each collection of elements is
always wrapped by an element containing nothing else, it is easy to
iterate over these things. Or by iterating over all subnodes and
handling them according to key (it->first). For most configurations,
that will suffice.

>In many cases I want to use an external xml file as the configuration file
>and then use a path query to get the results that I need as configuration
>input. In this case I don't want to load the whole xml in a configuration
>object but just the subset (I misunderstood the library as I quickly hacked
>the debug_settings example and thought this was no brainer)

I don't think it's possible to load just a subset. At least not with the
current parser.

Sebastian Redl