From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-27 05:22:48

> When I try to use regex with boost.multiindex I got the following
> compilation error.
> But when I indipendently compile multiindex package and regex package
> both compiles without any error.
>
> What is the problem?
> Can anyone please help me to getout of this

You must be using VC7 :-)

The problem occurs if you do something like this:

#include <locale>
using namespace std;
#include <boost/regex.hpp>

It's a bug in the compiler and there is no workaround, except, don't put a
"using namespace std;" statement before including the regex header - or
include it before any header that does that.

I'm at a loss as to why multi-index should trigger this problem, I hope it
doesn't include global using statements like that. But either way, try
including the regex header first and see if that fixes things.

John.