From: Spencer Collyer (spencer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-27 09:16:47

Sebastian,

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:34:43 +0200, Sebastian Redl wrote:
> Spencer Collyer wrote:
>
> >I'd like to know if people would be interested in seeing such a class
> >in Boost before I plunge into writing up the documentation (which is
> >currently pretty sparse, and consists primarily of the comments in the
> >code) and finishing off all the test programs prior to submission.
> >

> In principle, yes. You should also look at Boost.Spirit's character set
> parser; it has a sparse array implementation optimized, I believe, for
> a set of ranges.

Thanks for the pointer to the appropriate place. Now I've looked at the
range_run class it looks to me like it is not actually a sparse array in
the same sense as my class, but is rather a specialized set
implementation.

Spencer

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
2:12pm up 40 days 1:45, 22 users, load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.14