From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-27 11:41:58

I had figured this was the case, just wasn't sure :)

> The option I came up with was to have a set_limit function on
> the bounds
> policy which you would call to define the limits at run time. The only
> reason I haven't gone ahead and done the work to implement run-time
> limits as yet is because I'm still not sure about the answers to a few
> questions:

I think you can have the sparse array implementation have an overloaded
constructor that takes an instance of the policy. With a set_limit you
may end up having invalid arrays for some length of time.

Then, I don't think there is anything stopping you from having a
reset_bounds/resize type function, but I'd rather only have them be set
once as you suggested.

To be honest, I'm quite used to having runtime dimensions specified and
ublas's sparse arrays interface is pretty good this way.

Thanks for your email!

Sohail