From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-27 14:18:50

On 4/27/06, Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Jose wrote:
>
> Also for setting configuration data and simlpe xml-files?

tree.hh is only the container. but if you look in source forge there are
some libraries that use it to read DOMs and serialize them

> The fact that keys are duplicated in a map to provide fast lookup kinda
> rules out it to be a generic tree container where overhead is not
> acceptable.

but with a generic container you don't need to duplicate the keys, you just
walk
the tree. My main issue with PT is how to query the tree (see PT xml parser
thread)

It's a design issue but I look for Boost libraries that provide general
solutions
that can also be used in a specific/specialized context.

> > This also should be explained in the docs.
>
> Not only should it be explained in the docs, but
> it should be decided if this is what the library is intended to do.
> And if yes, how would that framework look like?

I don't mean my specific examples per se . If the focus is on a specific
container then
the parsers are more important as you're likely to encounter examples that
are hard to handle

If the parsers are utilities then fine but if someone wants to write
their own parser then the container is limiting (e.g. in W3 DOM the node can
not just
be an string key)