From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-30 18:13:04

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:09:36 -0400, Matt Calabrese wrote
> For the past month or so I've been working on a concurrency library which
> brings active types, atomic types, and parallel loop constructs and
> algorithms to C++. I am familiar with some of the concurrency
> projects already underway, though I'm sure my library would be able
> to coexist. I plan on proposing through SoC sometime later this week.
>
> Over the past two days I've also begun writing up some documentation
> using QuickBook to give a general idea as to the design of the
> library. Though I do have a lot of features already implemented,
> there is still a very large amount of work to be done prior to completion.
> Some feedback before I make the formal
> proposal would be nice, and it'd also be great to see if anyone is
> interested. Keep in mind that the documentation is only a rough
> outing and so there are a few unconnected links, but I do include a
> brief introduction and some basic usage examples including code
> snippets. The library is reference to as Surge.Act as that is the
> namespace I use for my personal libraries, though it will of course
> be changed to Boost.Act if it were to be accepted.
>
> http://members.gamedev.net/Rivorus/surge/html/index.html
>
> For those familiar with the concept of futures and are confused as
> to why they are not mentioned, I will be adding all of that
> information to the rationale over the upcoming few days. I also
> apologize for not having better code examples.

Hi Matt -

Are you proposing this as a project you would do as a student or that you are
looking for someone else to help with?

In either case, please add to the Wiki:

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Google_Summer_Of_Code_2006

If you are planning to submit this as a student proposal, you'll need to
follow the instructions from here:

http://code.google.com/soc/studentfaq.html

Jeff