From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-03 16:43:52

I've actually read the article!

 - though I must confess I didn't understand it all ;-(

However 'correct' input seems to be achieved by gcc,
and by MSVC for float, and almost for double.

So I stick to my guess that it is a bug.

It shouldn't be a feature IMO.

But I don't think there is anything that we should do (except be aware of
the potential problem).

It is up to Microsoft and/or Dinkumware to do nothing or resolve.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS