From: Hervé Brönnimann (hbr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-04 08:58:43

Sorry to be so late in the process, but I just decided to put in a
proposal for a geometry library in the wiki. I've seen a lot of
proposals on the mailing list over the years, some recently, and I
feel that it's time to propose some real work on it. Google's SoC
is a golden opportunity to recruit a top-notch programmer on it.

I'm passionate about the topic, I publish research papers about
geometric algorithm and algorithm engineering, I've even organized an
ACM Symposium on Computational Geometry in 2004 and been on their
Program Committee in the past, I've worked with Boost in the past.

For this project, I have a very clear and ambitious vision, and my
participation in the work is funded by an NSF CAREER grant! I
already have students and a reasonable but heterogenous code base,
and a PhD student who will also work on this project this summer, but
many hands make lighter and better work.

So don't hesitate to step up!

--
Hervé Brönnimann
CIS, Polytechnic University