From: Andrey Ryabushenko (cdome_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-04 16:23:53

I have some ideas in the field of my specialty - memory management.
I can develop any of these with pleasure. But I want to hear from
you which are most wanted or unwanted:) I can't write three great proposals
at the same time so I am asking you.

1. Garbage collector. Smart pointers are great, but there is easier solution
that do not require neither special knowledge nor
available code modification.

2. Memory Leak Detector. Very helpful in big projects. It is worth to say
that 70-80 percent of mistakes is memory leakage.

3. Develop a suite of allocators(multi threaded, small object allocator and
others). I think the allocator based on Hoard algorithm that shows great
perfomance in the multithreaded applications is worth merging into boost)
take a look at more detailed descriptions
www.cs.umass.edu/~emery/pubs/berger-asplos2000.pdf
http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/multiproc/multiproc.html

Please let me know if you have any interest in these topics.