From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-05 06:28:48

Anthony Williams wrote:
> A correctly built libboost_thread-vc71-mt-s-1_33.lib (v1.33.0) contains only
> the following linker directives:
>
> Linker Directives
> -----------------
> /DEFAULTLIB:"LIBCMT"
> /DEFAULTLIB:"libcpmt"
> /DEFAULTLIB:"OLDNAMES"
> /DEFAULTLIB:"uuid.lib"
> /include:?id@?$num_put_at_DV?$ostreambuf_iterator_at_DU?$char_traits_at_D@std@@@std@@@std@@2V0locale_at_2@A
> /include:?id@?$numpunct_at_D@std@@2V0locale_at_2@A

> I haven't tried V1.33.1, but I can't imagine it's a lot different.

I can assure this. I just built the 1.33.1 version.
The only linker directives relevant to runtime lib linking for the
libboost_thread-vc71-mt-s-1_33_1.lib
are indeed:
/DEFAULTLIB: "libcpmt" ... the static multithreaded C++ runtime
/DEFAULTLIB: "LIBCMT" ... the static multithreaded C runtime

I cannot imagine how it should be possible to build the library with the
multithreaded requirement missing. In my opinion this should not be
possible without modifying the source before compiling the library.

The best advice I can give, is to start over with a fresh download and
compile of the library.

Roland