From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-06 06:25:20

Russell Hind wrote:

> Further to the ublas patches, I'd also like to look at back-porting
> your bcbboost work to the 1.32 branch which would enable us to
> possibly move to BDS2006 with boost-1.32.x. But at the moment, like
> you, we are stuck on BCB6 and boost-1.32.0 with our ublas patches
> until Borland releases a compiler that can handle the later versions
> (which I don't see happening anytime soon given that BDS has only
> just been released).

Playing devil's advocate here!

What is the benefit of doing this in the main Boost CVS, as opposed to
maintaining another bcbboost_1_32?

I doubt we are going to see another patched release of Boost 1.32 at
this point, the regression testing cost alone is likely prohibitive.

By maintaining a separate BCBboost aimed purely at BCB customers, and
QAing against BCB6 and 2006 only, it is easier to perform necessary
testing and get it back into the hands of Borland customers.

You could also integrate Spirit 1.6 as the default version of the
library at that point too.

--
AlisdairM