From: Geoffrey Irving (irving_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-06 12:39:35

Hello,

First, thanks for the wonderful system. I recently used the indexing suite to wrap some
of our (rather nonstandard) containers, which failed at first because the no_proxy_helper
helper class refers to Container::value_type. The following diff allowed me to work
around the problem:

% diff indexing_suite_detail.hpp /usr/include/boost/python/suite/indexing/detail/indexing_suite_detail.hpp
487c487
< , is_pointer<BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME Container::value_type>()

---
>               , is_pointer<BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME ContainerElement::element_type>()
ContainerElement::element_type refers to Policies::data_type, which removes the need to
modify the container source.  After that, everything worked right away.
On a related note, the fact that Policies is supposed to have a data_type typedef seems
redundant with the Data template argument to the indexing_suite.  Is there a situation
in which the two types could be distinct?
Thanks,
Geoffrey