From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-09 13:02:36

"David Abrahams" wrote
> "Arkadiy Vertleyb" wrote
>>> result_of<minus_(int, _1_)>::type f = 3 - _1;
>>>
>>> Does this direction make sense?
>>
>> Any particular reason why BOOST_TYPEOF is not an option?
>
> It requires type registration, whereas this approach should not.
> That's the only reason.

FWIW I would prefer to live with BOOST_TYPEOF and type registration. I have no
doubt that registration will have its problems but only by familiarity will they
be
solved.

Anyway somebody already proposed a similar looking alternative on comp.std.c++:

http://tinyurl.com/gc7wn

but with no response. Of course then, the proposer was ahead of his time. Now,
BOOST_TYPEOF makes this functionality redundant

regards
Andy Little