From: Pedro Lamarão (pedro.lamarao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 11:33:25

Beman Dawes escreveu:

> I've put a fair amount of thought into this proposal, and have run some
> Subversion simulations to make sure it works smoothly.
>
> What do others think?

Here:

"Formal releases occur on a regular schedule. The formal release
procedure is simply to package up the last tagged revision of stable,
publish release candidates, and decide if there are any issues serious
enough to wait for the next stable tag point."

If this process would contemplate a bugfix branches associated with
stable tags, and if some backporting fixes effort were made, the people
complaining about API stability would be happier.

No need to bugfix for ever; maybe just the previous release; or whatever
is confortable enough. This should just give more longevity, and a
healthier old age, to each Boost release.

--
Pedro Lamarão
Desenvolvimento