From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 15:20:41

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> SVN maintains a global revision number. Does anyone know a good way of making
> this number available via a header file (e.g. boost/svn_revision_stable.hpp)?
> I.e. each time any file in the stable branch changes the header file should
> automatically be updated.

While this is probably possible, I don't think it is the right approach.
If you check out from the repository you do have that number, though not
as part of the sources (but somewhere in the .svn metadata.
For source packages that don't contain the .svn directories, the revision
number can easily be stored in a file during packaging.

Regards,
                Stefan