From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 16:49:18

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

>>Also, what happens if several libraries depend on your library in trunk,
>>but can't work with the dependency found in stable?
>

> You have to wait for the other libraries to be merged to stable.

I think I need to explain this better:

I upgrade library A in trunk s.t. it is no longer compatible with
library B (which depends on A) in either trunk nor table.

Since A don't work with B.stable, I can't commit A to stable.
Since B.trunk can be made to work with A, B.trunk can be made to work.
However, as soon as one tries to commit B.trunk to stable, it can't
because it won't work with A.stable.

Basically we need to commit A and B at the same time. Neither can go alone.

Does it make sense?

Thorsten