From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 20:55:32

On 5/11/06, Hartmut Kaiser <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[snipped]

> We had a similar discussion already. This involves some kind of
> re-evaluation of some of the input sequence after changing the internal
> state of the preprocessor. Wave currently does not support this.

I see, this is really bad then...

> Wouldn't this involve making copies of the internal state essentially after
> every token (or at least before every pp operation), just to ensure it can
> be restarted at arbitrary points?

Yes, I think it would be needed. But, it should be faster than
reprocess everything from the beginning if it spans to many options.

> I'm sure its impossible to make sure not to run into inconsistencies when
> trying to implement such a scheme (even putting aside the possible
> performance implications of making state copies).

Why? If I could be able to keep the symbols consistent, like not
defining one that has already been used or something similar it
shouldnt have any problem.
I want to use wave to analyze the source, not to create a preprocessed output.

> Regards Hartmut

Thanks,

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida