From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 21:24:13

On 5/11/06, Hartmut Kaiser <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[snipped]

> We had a similar discussion already. This involves some kind of
> re-evaluation of some of the input sequence after changing the internal
> state of the preprocessor. Wave currently does not support this.

Is it hard to make wave support this?
I was thinking that with some guarantees from wave, wrt side-effects
in the context, it could be really useful.
The guarantees that I think would be needed are rollback-semantics in
face of exceptions and no side-effects *before* callbacks are called.
This would allow for backup of the context only if needed.
Depending on how much work would be necessary I could work on it too
for my SoC proposal, since it would easy a lot my work on the features
I would implement.

[snipped]

Thanks,

--