From: Vassilii Khachaturov (vassilii_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-12 10:14:17

Dear boost developers,

would there be interest in a library implementing the patience sorting/
longest increasing subsequence(s) recovery/length measurement?
I do have some preliminary code (which is presently GPL but of course
can be released under the boost license as well), which deals with
what I myself need to compute in the <subj>, available off
  http://www.tarunz.org/~vassilii/pub/c++/

(Maybe it's not worth a separate library, but should go into a larger
library for whatever sorting-related algorithms, along with the bucket
sorter?)

I'd be happy to make the code more generic, add the docs, more tests (I
actually have more regression tests available), add the concept
checking/archetypes, and implement more things beyond what I have already
done, but obviously if you folks don't feel that longest increasing
subsequences/patience sorting is too narrow a domain to be worth
depositing it into boost.

Regards,
Vassilii