From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-12 17:57:02

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> 2. Opting to ignore system signals will cause halt for regression testing
>>> in
>>> some cases (unless we change the setup explicitly)
>>
>> No, it's the other way round. The UB causes halts in regression testing.
>> I experienced dozens of these incidences. As I said, I wasted days of
>> CPU and human time on this problem.
>>
>> How does not mapping a signal to exceptions and letting the process die
>> instead cause halt for regression testing?
>
> Because some compiler would show dialog window for example. Unfortunately
> there is no silver bullet here. One will have to deal with stalling
> regression tests one way or another. Which case has less incidents is an
> open question.

In the absence of other data, it seems to me that Martin's report
should be given more weight.

P.S. Could you please use proper attributions so I don't have to go
back in time to see who you're responding to? Thanks.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting