From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-15 02:11:19

--- David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I didn't notice a report recently about concept_check. I thought I
> checked in fixes for the problems we were seeing. Hmm, maybe the CVS
> outage kept things from going in... lemme check.
>
> Um, despite SF site status saying that CVS is up, I can't reach the
> server through ssh:
>
> $ ssh -v david_abrahams_at_[hidden]
> OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005
> debug1: Reading configuration data /home/dave/.ssh/config
> debug1: Connecting to cvs.sourceforge.net [66.35.250.207] port 22.
> debug1: connect to address 66.35.250.207 port 22: Connection reset by peer
> ssh: connect to host cvs.sourceforge.net port 22: Connection reset by peer
>
> So I may well be sitting on fixes that I can't check in. Can't tell
> of course, because with CVS you can't do a diff unless you can reach
> the server. I've submitted a support request at SF, but in principle
> they don't check those except on weekdays... :(

The boost CVS is indeed active since Friday, but you have to patch all your CVS
Root files since the server address has changed, e.g. first create a file
"Root" somewhere, e.g. in your home directory, with just one line:

abrahams_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost

Then cd into boost and run:

find . -name Root -exec cp $HOME/Root {} \;

Unfortunately there is another problem:

cvs update: [06:07:02] waiting for vawjr's lock in
/cvsroot/boost/boost/libs/regex/test/c_compiler_checks

It started Friday afternoon. I think the only way to remove the stale lock is
to open a SF support request.

Cheers,
        Ralf