From: Allen Bierbaum (allenb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-17 14:24:58

David Abrahams wrote:

>Allen Bierbaum <allenb_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>I for one would really appreciate it if the boost community was able to
>>produce a recommended spec file for building and installing boost rpms
>>and correspondingly for packaging boost up with other package management
>>tools.
>>

>You're a member of the community, aren't you? :)

Yes. :)

So I guess the question would be, is there interest from the boost
admins in accepting an rpm spec file (based on Patrick and Neal's work)
and making it the recommended way for packagers to build boost. Or said
another way, is there interest in putting the boost seal of approval on
packaging and installation methods? If there is interest, what are the
next steps for getting an rpm spec file accepted?

-Allen