From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-17 17:46:41

----- Mensaje original -----
De: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Miércoles, Mayo 17, 2006 11:06 pm
Asunto: [boost] [Announce] Boost Installer for Visual C++ 7.1/8.0

> Boost Consulting is pleased to announce the availability of a Windows
> installer for the current Boost release (1.33.1). See:
>
> http://www.boost-consulting.com/download.html

Hello Dave, suggestions for improvement: when the
installer is being executed by an user without administrator
privileges:

  1. The default installation directory (rooted in Program
  Files) is not allowed for writing.
  2. When the installer tries to write there, it (expectedly)
  fails, but the error message is misleading (see attached
  snapshot).

It'd be great if the app showed a more sensible explanation
of the problem; I'm not so sure whether the default installation
dir should be one accessible to all users (for instance,
the dir with moniker CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA, typically
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data".)

HTH,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo