From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-18 03:18:20

Beman Dawes wrote:
[...]
> With SVN, the distinction between a branch and a tag is blurred. They are
> both really just (virtual) copies at a given point in time. It is up to us
> exactly how we want to organize the releases we do.

I see.

> If I understand you correctly, you are pointing out that sometimes we may
> want an explicit bugfix branch of STABLE rather than just moving on to the
> next week's STABLE tag point. We can certainly do that if useful. At this
> point, I'm not sure we want to try to micro-manage those future decisions.
> Rather, we can just make adjustments as we gain experience.

This sounds reasonable. While it is unreasonable to waste resources on
things that just may be useful, but aren't necessary, I feel it is just
as important not to close the way in advance to exceptions to the main
strategy. From what you write I see this is not the case, so your
proposal is fine with me as it stands now.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti