From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-18 13:40:04

Brilliant!!!

Enjoyed greatly - for quite a long time due to ill-advised over-exuberent
choice of libraries ;-))

1 Should be default choice be all libraries?

2 Should there be some warning about how long it may take?

3 I got a failure to unpack on library zip: the warning was a little too
easy to dismiss?

4 It would be nice to have a some warning at the end that all didn't go
right.

5 Is there a log file saved to record what happened (good and bad).

6 If so telling us what it was called might be helpful.

7 It would add to its idiot-proofness, if it reminded Windows Users to set
or at least check the include and libraries directories. Perhaps:

"
You probably need to add or check that the Microsoft IDE Tools, Options,
VC++ Directories, the "Show directories" dropdown for include files refer to
??\boost_?_?\, and also for library files refer to ??\boost\boost_?_?\lib.

For example, if you installed verio 1.33.1 to the default location, include
should reference "C:\Program files\boost\boost_1_33_1" and libraries
"c:\Program files\boost\boost_1_33_1\lib"
"
(Unless we recommend some global environment variable that makes the version
switch?)

But many thanks - I think this make a BIG difference to Windows Users use of
Boost.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS