From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-18 18:30:16

Maarten Kronenburg wrote:
> Currently I'm working for LWG on a spec
> for tr2 for an infinite precision integer, which is
> almost finished.

I hope it's not too late for implementation suggestion - I'm familiar with
similar attempt [1] and what threw me away was aggressive use of heap. Is it
possible to employ technique similar to "small string optimization", that is
when number of bytes stored is below some treshold (presumably set in
preprocessor), it will not be allocated from heap, but instead employ some
fixed buffer inside the number object itself?

B.

[1] http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/data/data-misc/values/article.php/c4563/