From: Baranowski, Daniel (dbaranowski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-18 20:40:34

Being relatively new to the Boost community, I'm not sure if this has
already been brought up, but after searching the mailing list archives,
I couldn't find anything, so my apologies if I'm bringing up an old
subject...

I really enjoy the syntax and ease of use of std::bitset and therefore
boost::dynamic_bitset, but I don't see a way, unless I'm missing
something, to perform those same operations on an int or long that
exists outside of the bitset object. Specifically, in having to deal
with legacy code that uses a bitmask, it would be nice to be able to
operate on the int or long without doing copies to/from a bitset object.

Has any consideration been given to a bitset-like object that will do
such things? Or is this problem too trivial to consider?

Once again, forgive me if I'm just repeating someone else, or if this
functionality already exists and I just missed it!

V/R,

Daniel

PS. A BIG high-five to all the developers who have contributed to Boost!
My life expectancy has increased by at least 5 years because of you!

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and may contain privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without
gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify
us. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. We do not guarantee that this material is free from viruses or any
other defects although due care has been taken to minimize the risk. eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious contentAny views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of LSI.