From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-19 14:42:48

Tobias Schwinger wrote:
> Asger Mangaard wrote:

>>> Let's see (untested and incomplete code for illustration only):
>>
>> It seems like you assume that two pimpl_ptr instances can hold the same
>> pointer. This is _not_ the case.
>
> Why not?

 From my experience, you don't because at that point you would use some
other kind of pointer. Most likely a reference counted pointer that can
travel across DLL boundaries.

I think we all have to keep in mind the scope of this utility. It not
meant to solve all the pointer uses. There's another utility that people
keep asking for, the traits pointer.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything