From: Shunsuke Sogame (mb2act_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-20 12:47:17

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> Shunsuke Sogame wrote:
>> Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

>>> I can see you have picked up on the idea of range adaptors
>>> which I'm also baking. I'll definitely have a look.
>>
>> Rightly or wrongly, temporary container of iterators
>> seems to increase range adaptor candidates.
>> Actually 'sort_range/sorted' becomes essential part of my code.
>
> are these it different from in-place sorting?

'sorted' doesn't modify its left argument, instead
it creates and sorts temporary container of iterators.
I don't know for sure whether such adaptor is legal or not.

>>> And btw, wasn't it you who made some MFC implementation of ranges?
>>>
>>> With your permission, I would like to include that in the
>>> library.
>>
>> Though it was interesting work,
>> I have never used them except for CSimpleArray. :-(
>> I did think they were legacy and unrecommended while implementing.
>> They are now sleeping here... http://tinyurl.com/qucoa
>
> Ok, there would need to be some test along with these, other wise
> I can't include them.
>
> Another question is: does it work with vc6+, vc7+, or vc7.1+ ?

vc7.1+.
I guess Boost.Range non-intrusive customization
doesn't support vc6/7.
I will try to simplify the header structure and move them
to boost/range/detail/mfc. I can maybe... promise, if they
are really wanted. :-(

Apart from mfc, I think users (and I) hope some runtime test
functions are written by professionals (like range/concepts.hpp)
if possible.

--
Shunsuke Sogame