From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-20 13:35:29

I don't know what that error is - but I can tell you how I do it. I do it a
couple
of ways.

a) there are batch files in the serialization/test directory. run_test for
running
the all the tests for a particular compiler, run_archive_test for running
all the
tests with a particular archive and compiler an run_all which runs all the
the tests for all the compilers and all the archives - this takes a while.

These batch files would have to be tweaked for one's own environment
as the set up a couple of environmental variables which are dependent
on one's own directory structure. These tests are run under bjam v1.
The test create a humoungous table with the results of all combinations
displayed. If tests are run in release mode as well as debug mode
these also appear separately in the table. The table is prepared with
a customized version of B Dawes compiler_status program whose
modified source I have uploaded to the vault.

b) The other way I test is from withing the VC 7.1 IDE. From here
I can build the library and run any test with any particular archive. If
any tests bombs I can trace right into in the VC debugger. I once
had a similar setup in place for Borland 6 but couldn't keep it up.

Currently, the tests require that the boost.test library be built and
installed. It sounds like the error message you describe may come from the
test library itself. If this is the case, you'll have to investigate
that library.

Hope this is helpful. I'm very hopeful that the recent version of borland
can be made to work with the serialization library as well as the
previous versions do.

Robert Ramey.