From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-21 19:26:09

Dear Everybody,

It was a real pleasure to read this post. I am sure there are many people
who feel the library needs polishing and rethinking in some areas. A lot of
interesting ideas were proposed during the review, and I already started
work on the next revision. I hope the changes I intend to do will make these
people less concerned about the quality and usefulness of the library, while
they will not detract from what other people found valuable.

Below is a (possibly incomplete) list of improvements I intend to add in
future revisions:

- path class, orthogonal to the tree
- configurable location of metadata generated by the parsers (e.g. XML
attrributes information). It may be possible to achieve that for free with
paths
- generation of comments / layout metadata by parsers
- splitting traits
- support for using custom types for keys, again path class looks like a
solution
- documentation rewrite to QuickBook, and enhancements (thanks to Charles
Brockman who provided tons of English-related corrections)

I hope I can get most pressing items done quickly.

Finally, I would like to thank all the people who contributed a review or
comments, and really big thanks to Thorsten who managed the review.

Thank you,
Marcin