From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-23 18:55:04

The test is currently failing on the following line:
( BOOST_ROOT/boost/math/special_functions/hypot.hpp line 32)

   BOOST_ASSERT(std::numeric_limits<T>::is_specialized);

I believe the problem is Borland's traditional bad handling of const
parameters with templates. In the case of this test, T deduces as
const double, so of course numeric limits is not specialized.

I believe the workaround will be to detect Borland compiler, and do a
remove_const on T for the whole function, or perhaps detect const and
forward to an explicit call to the non-const function.

A similar patch would be applied to:
  expm1.hpp
  log1p.hpp

Are the library maintainers interested in supporting such a patch?
Should we introduce the type_traits dependency (Checking for the
Borland platform first?)
Should we look to patch mainline, or 1.34 branch. The only active
regression testing on Borland is on the 1.34 branch at the moment.

--
AlisdairM