From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-24 09:32:31

Hi All -

Just a quick note to let everyone know that Boost has been assigned 10
SOC projects! This is more than we expected and I'm hopeful will result
in some great work. Even so, there are many excellent students and
projects that applied for Boost projects and were NOT selected. The
competition for these 10 slots was quite brutal. The choices were
extremely difficult to make. It was often very hard to decide between a
totally novel, high risk, project proposal and a fairly straight-forward
extension to a current library. As you'll see, we ended up with some of
both.

The mentors have been trying to reach everyone with a notification one
way or another, but it's a large list. All applicants should have heard
from Google by now. If you have questions you can post to
boost_soc2006_at_[hidden] and someone should get back to you.

I'm not going to publicy share the details of the list just yet -- until
we are sure all the administrative items are confirmed (google
apparently accidently informed 1800 people they were accepted and then
had to retract). Eventually the list should show up here:

http://code.google.com/soc/boost/about.html

Jeff