From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-26 20:17:59

--- David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > The new integral_promotion.hpp doesn't compile with the old EDG238-based
> > MIPSpro 7.3.1 compiler (SGI, IRIX). This breaks our Boost.Python build.
> > However, with the simple patch below the build is OK again. I'd love to
> > maintain the MIPSpro Boost.Python build, but it is not worth serious work.
> > Therefore the patch is simply #ifdef'ing out the two promotion header files
> for
> > this specific platform. Are there any objections against this approach?
>
> Ideally nothing in Boost.Python should be including type_traits.hpp;
> we should be using the fine-grained headers instead.

libs/python/src/object/inheritance.cpp

includes boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp

which after a few levels of indirection winds up including

boost/detail/numeric_traits.hpp

which eventually

includes boost/type_traits.hpp

Making this more fine-grained seems like a real project to me, mainly because
there are too many people to talk to.