From: João Abecasis (jpabecasis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-29 17:43:56

Tobias Schwinger wrote:
>>> I noticed several bugs in fusion::unpack_args (maybe one of them is
>>> rooted elsewhere) and wrote a small program that shows the problems:
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/kzlm5 (.cpp file)
>
> Joao just fixed the CVS version. The file has been removed from the vault.

For the record... Tobias test case exposed some serious shortcomings in
the implementation of unpack_args, which should now be fixed in CVS.
They were:

1 - support for function pointers was completely broken. Specifically, I
learned that result_of doesn't handle cv-qualified function pointers.

2 - Random Access Sequences were required when Forward Sequences would
have been sufficient. Here I failed to grasp the Fusion Concepts while
porting unpack_args from Fusion v1.

3 - Function references weren't handled at all.

I also took the opportunity to rewrite and expand the test case,
hopefully making it a bit more readable in the process... I'll take
comments on that too ;-)

Thanks for the report and the test case!

João