From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-31 15:04:19

Daniel James wrote:

> In that case, I've got a patch for you. The new draft standard adds
> cbegin(), cend(), crbegin() and crend() member functions, which
> return const iterators regardless of whether the container is const
> or not.

The patch is good, but I'm sitting on it for a little while. I will
add it to the 'to-do' list.

The main issue here is that cbegin et. al. are not part of TR1. and I
don't want to mess up the new TR1 implementation going into 1.34. Once
that ships, I will take a look at the appropriate config macros to
allow const iterator functions in the boost namespace implementation,
and add a small set of test cases.

So current to-do list:
i/ Fix outstanding TR1 issues
-> Formal support for Zero size arrays
-> Tuple interface

ii/ const iterator functions in namespace boost only.

iii/ checked iterators in a debug mode.

I would be interested in maintainers of other Boost container libraries
thoughts on checked iterators. Do we want to agree a Boost-wide
interface to enable/disable them?

--
AlisdairM