From: Lubomir Bourdev (lbourdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-05 00:46:01

Hello,

We have developed the Generic Image Library (GIL) - a library that
abstracts away the image representation from algorithms written for
images. It allows for writing the algorithm once and having it work for
images in any color space, channel depth and pixel organization with
performance comparable to writing the code for each specific image
format.

GIL is currently part of the Adobe Open Source Libraries and we use it
for several imaging projects inside Adobe. Its only dependency is boost.

You can find the sources and documentation at GIL's home page:

http://opensource.adobe.com/gil

Is there an interest for having GIL be a boost library?

Also, I would appreciate any recommendations for improving the design of
GIL.

Thanks,

Lubomir