From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-05 10:38:00

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:26:52 -0700, "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>Lubomir Bourdev wrote:
>
>> Is there an interest for having GIL be a boost library?
>

>I took a tiny look at the documentation and I'm curious
>as to why you want to make it a boost library. It's already
>part of a prestigious high visibility group. That is, what
>benefit would be had by adding it to boost that it doesn't
>already have? Would this added benefit be worth the
>extra work?

I hope "making it part of a prestigious group" isn't the rationale for
any of the boost inclusion proposals; oddly enough, a few days ago I
was discussing with a friend who also is a boost member, and we
identified this as a possible cause for the lack of maintenance that
some boost libraries are experiencing; if you see inclusion as a sort
of "award" then once you get the library accepted you have no more
"goals" to pursue and likely lose interest in your creature.

--Gennaro.