From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-05 14:37:45

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:31:25 -0400, David Abrahams
<dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> OK - but I'm still curious: "What is the motivation to take
>> on the extra work of making it part of boost?"
>
>The authors can speak for themselves, but I can think of a few.

Yes. In fact I was waiting for them to speak before stating my
opinion.

>* Boost is standards track
>* The review process is educational and usually improves libraries
>* More eyes on the code/docs improves libraries
>* Exposure to more users

Though these are important points I think there's one aspect which is
probably the most important of all: our testing. I doubt there's any
other library collection around that gets so much organized regression
testing, on so many compilers and platforms. It's my opinion that this
fact alone may be worth the effort of boostifying.

--Gennaro.