From: jmzorko_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-06-05 18:43:55

Hello, all ...

I searched in the old ActiveState message archive, but didn't find
anything about this. When I compile my Boost experiments with
gcc3.3, everything seems to be fine; when I compile them with gcc4,
however, I get things like this (from the simple_ls example):

pugsleybutt:~/devstuff/c++/boost jmzorko$ ./simple_ls

usage: simple_ls [path]

In directory: /Users/jmzorko/devstuff/c++/boost

filesystem
simple_ls(27587) malloc: *** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x2801b18; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
filesystem.cpp
simple_ls(27587) malloc: *** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x2801d00; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
simple_ls
simple_ls(27587) malloc: *** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x2801b00; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
simple_ls.cpp
simple_ls(27587) malloc: *** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x2801ce0; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug

4 files
0 directories
0 errors
pugsleybutt:~/devstuff/c++/boost jmzorko$

The Boost version is 1.31 and my platform is Mac OSX 10.4.6
(PowerPC), if that matters ... i'd like to use gcc4 if possible, can
anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com